The Pulsed Arc Electrohydraulic Discharge Treatment Study on Waste Water and Its Application
- Qi-Xiong Lin, Lu Zhu, Zheng-Hao He, Wei Xia, Xin-Ya Xu
- Corresponding Author
- Qi-Xiong Lin
Available Online November 2015.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/itms-15.2015.374How to use a DOI?
- Pulsed Arc Electrohydraulic Discharge, Discharge electrode, Wastewater treatment
- With the speedy development of modern industry, the technology of wastewater treatment plays an essential role in the research of environmental protection science. The tech of Pulsed Arc Electrohydraulic Discharge (PAED) has been intense researched by virtue of its marked treatment effect, low power consumption and so on. The experiment was conducted in the commercial second class waste water treatment plant by the tech of PAED. The 10 L volume PAED reactor with cross flow eccentric electrode arrangement was used for batch mode. The PAED power supply is 3kJ/pulse with 2 Hz discharge rate. Two different types, one from up-stream and the other from down-stream of bio-treatment pound, with different level of pH, electrical conductivity and E-coli concentration were treated. Three different electrode materials Ti, W and Ti-alloy were tested. There results show that W electrode showed the best performance for the inactivation of E-coli at 1kWh/m3 of cumulative electrical energy in-puts. Fundamental discharge characteristics, pressure wave propagation, optical emission characteristics etc. link with disinfection performance will be discussed in detail.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Qi-Xiong Lin AU - Lu Zhu AU - Zheng-Hao He AU - Wei Xia AU - Xin-Ya Xu PY - 2015/11 DA - 2015/11 TI - The Pulsed Arc Electrohydraulic Discharge Treatment Study on Waste Water and Its Application BT - 2015 International Conference on Industrial Technology and Management Science PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-538X UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/itms-15.2015.374 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/itms-15.2015.374 ID - Lin2015/11 ER -