Integrated Wide Area Protection and Control Systems Based on Advanced Communication Network
- Z. Q. Bo, Shengming Ge, Q. P. Wang, Lin Wang, Fengquan Zhou, Xing Liu, Z. F. Fan, B M Zhang
- Corresponding Author
- Z. Q. Bo
Available Online November 2015.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/itms-15.2015.379How to use a DOI?
- integrated protection; wide area protection; protection and control; packet transport network
- As a new protection, wide-area protection enables protective relaying, and automatic control based on electric power system network communications and comprehensive judgment of multi-point information, which plays an increasingly important role in the secure and stable operation of electric power system. The recent development in power system protection and control is firstly reviewed in this paper, with more concentration on the wide-area and integrated protection. Then the principle of integrated wide area protection and control is introduced, in which a hierarchical protection and control system provides the protection and control of wide area or regional power substations/plants and their associated power network. There are three levels in this system, which are the local, the substation/plant and the wide area/regional protection and control. The integrated functions at each level are described in details so as to develop an optimal coordination mechanism between the levels. Besides, This paper introduces the newest communication technology (Packet Transport Network), which can provide high speed and reliable communication network for integrate wide area protection and control. The network layer model and equipment architecture of PTN is presented in this paper, relevant analysis and discussion are stated in detail.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Z. Q. Bo AU - Shengming Ge AU - Q. P. Wang AU - Lin Wang AU - Fengquan Zhou AU - Xing Liu AU - Z. F. Fan AU - B M Zhang PY - 2015/11 DA - 2015/11 TI - Integrated Wide Area Protection and Control Systems Based on Advanced Communication Network BT - 2015 International Conference on Industrial Technology and Management Science PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-538X UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/itms-15.2015.379 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/itms-15.2015.379 ID - Bo2015/11 ER -