Dynamic Analysis of the Umbilical Cable for Launch & Recovery System of Seafloor Drill
- Y.P. Jin, B.Y. Wan, D.S. Liu, Y.D. Peng
- Corresponding Author
- Y.P. Jin
Available Online November 2015.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/itms-15.2015.382How to use a DOI?
- seafloor drill; umbilical cable; lumped mass method; dynamic analysis
- A launch & recovery system of a seafloor drill is chosen as the study object, the nonlinear coupling mechanism among the movement of the ship, the umbilical cable, and the seafloor drill caused by irregular wave is investigated, the lumped mass method is used to establish the dynamic model of launch & recovery system of seafloor drill that considers the influences of the seawater resistance and the elastic deformation of the umbilical cable. Under different sea state conditions, the movement of the seafloor drill and the tension of the umbilical cable are calculated and analyzed. The research results showed that as sea state condition increasing, the amplitude of the movement of the seafloor drill and the tension of the umbilical cable will increase. The variation of the tension of the umbilical cable may lead to the umbilical cable failure and fracture. The analysis results can provide theoretical guidance for the studying of heave compensation and the constant tension automatic control of the launch & recovery system of seafloor drill.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Y.P. Jin AU - B.Y. Wan AU - D.S. Liu AU - Y.D. Peng PY - 2015/11 DA - 2015/11 TI - Dynamic Analysis of the Umbilical Cable for Launch & Recovery System of Seafloor Drill BT - 2015 International Conference on Industrial Technology and Management Science PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-538X UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/itms-15.2015.382 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/itms-15.2015.382 ID - Jin2015/11 ER -