Acoustic Transmission Technology in Production Logging and application
- BaoHui Zhang, YanSong Wang, HongGang Wei, ShiTong Wu, Yun Li, YiMing Wang, ShaoFei Guo, Jun Fu, ZhanSheng Li, Cheng Huang, Yan Gao
- Corresponding Author
- BaoHui Zhang
Available Online November 2015.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/itms-15.2015.386How to use a DOI?
- Oil well; Acoustic wave; Transmission; Logging; Encode; Technology
- In this paper, we investigate an acoustic transmission technology in Production Logging, The subsurface equipment has be installed during pump operation, the logging tools and transmission system Installed in the bottom of the pump and into the wellbore together. Raw log datas are transformed into regular coding acoustic signals that are transmitted to the wellhead along the tubing and are received by acoustic detector, the signals are recorded by a computer. Engineers analyze and interpret these signals to get the dynamic production data of the well under the current production status. It can realize the well long-term monitoring. The technology was applied in Huabei Oilfield and the transmission depth is close to 2000m. The technology can provide accurate information for development plan of oilfield. This paper also discusses the attenuation factor of acoustic in the tubing and the design principle of the technology.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - BaoHui Zhang AU - YanSong Wang AU - HongGang Wei AU - ShiTong Wu AU - Yun Li AU - YiMing Wang AU - ShaoFei Guo AU - Jun Fu AU - ZhanSheng Li AU - Cheng Huang AU - Yan Gao PY - 2015/11 DA - 2015/11 TI - Acoustic Transmission Technology in Production Logging and application BT - 2015 International Conference on Industrial Technology and Management Science PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-538X UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/itms-15.2015.386 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/itms-15.2015.386 ID - Zhang2015/11 ER -