Modeling of Students' Competency Development in the Higher Education Distant Learning System
- Ekaterina Karmanova, Irina Efimova, Elena Guseva, Natalia Kostina, Lyudmila Savelyeva, Inna Bobrova
- Corresponding Author
- Ekaterina Karmanova
Available Online May 2016.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/itsmssm-16.2016.53How to use a DOI?
- competence-based approach, monitoring of competencies, distant learning system, higher education institution, activity model, conceptual model, functional model, unified modeling language, object-oriented approach.
- The article considers a problem of monitoring of the well-formedness degree of students' competencies in the system of distant learning technologies. In particular, the article indicates the lack of commonly-accepted technologies of students' competency assessment. The authors demonstrate an activity model as well as functional and conceptual models (to-be) of the students' competency development through a study of the current distant learning system of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University. Not only do the models developed make it possible to depict an organisational and technical aspect of the students' competency development in the distant learning system but support creation of a programming solution ensuring an automated monitoring of the well-formedness degree of students' competencies.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Ekaterina Karmanova AU - Irina Efimova AU - Elena Guseva AU - Natalia Kostina AU - Lyudmila Savelyeva AU - Inna Bobrova PY - 2016/05 DA - 2016/05 TI - Modeling of Students' Competency Development in the Higher Education Distant Learning System BT - Information Technologies in Science, Management, Social Sphere and Medicine PB - Atlantis Press UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/itsmssm-16.2016.53 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/itsmssm-16.2016.53 ID - Karmanova2016/05 ER -