Investigation of Ni-based SiC Thicker Coating by Induction Cladding
- Deqin Sun, Yi Xu, Guohong Dai, Zhengya Xu
- Corresponding Author
- Deqin Sun
Available Online November 2016.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/iwama-16.2016.37How to use a DOI?
- induction cladding; SiC coating; coating capabilities; metallurgical bonding
- Fabrication of thicker coating by induction cladding could achieve excellent properties, such as wear resistance, corrosion resistance, heat resistance and so on, and also was an important technology for machinery parts remanufacturing. Used the mixture of Ni60 and SiC powder as coating materials, discussed the processing feasibility of preparing SiC coating on steel substrate by induction cladding. The optimum technological parameters by which can obtain good cladding quality were: SiC ratio is 20%, sodium silicate as the binder, heated at 150 for 1 hours, intermitted heating with Ar gas protection, and achieved high quality SiC coating: the layer thickness was above 400 m, coating hardness was about 750 HV, and achieved metallurgical bonding between the coating and steel substrate.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Deqin Sun AU - Yi Xu AU - Guohong Dai AU - Zhengya Xu PY - 2016/11 DA - 2016/11 TI - Investigation of Ni-based SiC Thicker Coating by Induction Cladding BT - 6th International Workshop of Advanced Manufacturing and Automation PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5428 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/iwama-16.2016.37 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/iwama-16.2016.37 ID - Sun2016/11 ER -