A Human Body Posture Identification Algorithm Based on Kinect
- Tong Wang, Xiaoliang Liu, Meng Wang, Tongyao Wang
- Corresponding Author
- Tong Wang
Available Online July 2015.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/lemcs-15.2015.1How to use a DOI?
- Posture identification; Mean Hausdorff Distance; Angle measurement; Kinect; Human-computer interaction
- This study was performed to improve the computer identify of the human body posture more accurately during human-computer interaction. In order to get a better algorithm, the author applies Kinect for Xbox device, Hausdorff Distance theory and Joint Angle measurement method to identify the human body posture. According to the actual situation, the author modifies the Hausdorff distance to mean Hausdorff distance; and sets one joint point as the reference point to improve the stability of angle measurement system. During the identification process, the Kinect gets the position of the human body joint points, and calculates the Euclidean distance between two joints, then uses cosine theorem to calculate the angle of two ligatures which are connecting three joints to define the body posture. The experimental results show that this algorithm can measure in time joint angles, and identify the body posture accurately. The study has an important reference meaning in human computer interaction.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Tong Wang AU - Xiaoliang Liu AU - Meng Wang AU - Tongyao Wang PY - 2015/07 DA - 2015/07 TI - A Human Body Posture Identification Algorithm Based on Kinect BT - International Conference on Logistics Engineering, Management and Computer Science (LEMCS 2015) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 1951-6851 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/lemcs-15.2015.1 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/lemcs-15.2015.1 ID - Wang2015/07 ER -