Research of Tectonic Geomorphology in Pinggu Basin and its Adjacent Area in Beijing
- Xiaoyan Liu, Sihua Yuan, Jinxian Deng
- Corresponding Author
- Xiaoyan Liu
Available Online July 2015.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/lemcs-15.2015.50How to use a DOI?
- Tectonic geomorphology; Fault block mountain; Pinggu basin; Ershilichangshan fault; Xiadian fault
- Based on field geological investigation, combined with the regional geology datas and study results from the former researchers, this paper has researched and analyzed the tectonic geomorphology types of Pinggu area and its adjacent area. The results indicated that the major tectonic geomorphological types include the fault block mountains and Pinggu Basin. Orogeny in this area was based on Yanshanian, and formed at tectonic movement in Cenozoic. For Pinggu Basin, it was controlled by Ershilichangshan Fault during the whole Quaternary, at least the west boundary, although the sediment center in Pinggu hollow was far from Ershilichangshan Fault. Another important fault in this area, the movement of Xiadian Fault has slightly influence on the evolution of Pinggu Basin during Quaternary.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Xiaoyan Liu AU - Sihua Yuan AU - Jinxian Deng PY - 2015/07 DA - 2015/07 TI - Research of Tectonic Geomorphology in Pinggu Basin and its Adjacent Area in Beijing BT - International Conference on Logistics Engineering, Management and Computer Science (LEMCS 2015) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 1951-6851 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/lemcs-15.2015.50 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/lemcs-15.2015.50 ID - Liu2015/07 ER -