A Compact Bias T Used for Front-end of Millimeter Imaging System
- Baohua Yang, Huajie Zou, Jungang Miao
- Corresponding Author
- Baohua Yang
Available Online March 2018.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/mecae-18.2018.72How to use a DOI?
- bias T, triangle resonator, band-stop resonator, front-end.
- As millimeter wave (MMW) electronic technologies have matured, MMW receiver research is also in the rapid development which includes front-end and frequency synthesizer. They all needed isolation between RF and DC bias. The good design bias T which can realize high isolation between DC bias source port and RF ports is necessary. In this paper, two new reduced-sized broad-band resonators are introduced which can be used in the active circuits. Their bandwidths are controllable and the performance of one bias T is better than the same size of the compact bias T whose size reduction is 55.55% of the conventional radial stubs. Its improvement of S11, S12, and S13 is 18.8, 8.2, and 28.3% respectively. The performance of another kind bias T has a slightly inferior, but it has good stop-band characteristic at 2 GHz and 8 GHz where the 4 GHz signal is needed. The two kinds of bias T perform as expected and the results are in good agreement with the simulated results, and have been used in the front-end circuit of our BHU-2D-U passive MMW imaging system.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Baohua Yang AU - Huajie Zou AU - Jungang Miao PY - 2018/03 DA - 2018/03 TI - A Compact Bias T Used for Front-end of Millimeter Imaging System BT - 2018 International Conference on Mechanical, Electronic, Control and Automation Engineering (MECAE 2018) PB - Atlantis Press UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/mecae-18.2018.72 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/mecae-18.2018.72 ID - Yang2018/03 ER -