High-Precision Header Flux Control of Ultra-Fast Cooling in Hot Strip Mill By PI Controlle
- Xudong Li, Fang Xu, Shuzhi Wang, Bo Gong, Changli Zhang, Ziying Liu, Fengqin Wang
- Corresponding Author
- Xudong Li
Available Online March 2018.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/mecae-18.2018.146How to use a DOI?
- Hot Strip Rolling; Ultra-fast Cooling; Flux Control; PI Controller.
- A new header flux controller of an ultra-fast cooling (UFC) system was investigated during hot strip rolling. The UFC header flux was calibrated by changing the opening rate of the adjusting valve from 0% to 95% and, reversely, from 95% to 0%, in increments of 5%. The results showed that the header flux was rarely influenced by the changing direction of the adjusting valve. Based on the analysis of the flux adjusting, the definition of adjusting-efficiency (A-E) of flux was introduced and the corresponding equation was established. A Proportion-Integral (PI) controller, based on A-E, was employed to implement the closed-loop control of the header flux. The results from the on-site implementation indicated that the flux deviation between target and measured values was less than ±1.0m3/h.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Xudong Li AU - Fang Xu AU - Shuzhi Wang AU - Bo Gong AU - Changli Zhang AU - Ziying Liu AU - Fengqin Wang PY - 2018/03 DA - 2018/03 TI - High-Precision Header Flux Control of Ultra-Fast Cooling in Hot Strip Mill By PI Controlle BT - 2018 International Conference on Mechanical, Electronic, Control and Automation Engineering (MECAE 2018) PB - Atlantis Press UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/mecae-18.2018.146 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/mecae-18.2018.146 ID - Li2018/03 ER -