Coordinate Signal Control in Urban Traffic of Two-direction Green Wave based on Genetic BP Neural Network
- Shaojiao Lv, Chungui Li, Zheming Li, Qingkai Zang
- Corresponding Author
- Shaojiao Lv
Available Online November 2012.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/mmat.2013.7How to use a DOI?
- Coordinate signal control, Genetic algorithm, BP neural network, Green wave bandwidth.
- To maximize the bandwidth of green wave of trunk road is a main issue in the research of signal control in urban traffic. However, the traditional analytical algorithm can not be applied in actual traffic widely. A novel dynamic two-direction green wave coordinate control strategy was proposed to overcome the problem. By combining the genetic BP neural network with the traditional analytical algorithm, the urban traffic of two-direction was controlled coordinately online. Finally, an actual example was presented. It shows that not only the green wave bandwidth, the phase-difference of each intersection and the critical cycle of trunk road were optimized according to real-time traffic flow, but also our algorithm can be used in different traffic condition by adjusting the parameters of the model.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Shaojiao Lv AU - Chungui Li AU - Zheming Li AU - Qingkai Zang PY - 2012/11 DA - 2012/11 TI - Coordinate Signal Control in Urban Traffic of Two-direction Green Wave based on Genetic BP Neural Network BT - Proceedings of the 2012 International Conference on Automobile and Traffic Science, Materials and Metallurgy Engineering PB - Atlantis Press SN - 1951-6851 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/mmat.2013.7 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/mmat.2013.7 ID - Lv2012/11 ER -