Research on Impregnation Coatings for Protecting Concrete
- Wenjuan Gu, Banggui He, Jike Liu, Jie Li
- Corresponding Author
- Wenjuan Gu
Available Online November 2012.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/mmat.2013.8How to use a DOI?
- Concrete, Composite coatings, Silane, Impregnation Type
- The protecting of concrete, which consists of coating a chemical substance onto concrete’s surface, has been applied to architectural conservation. There is increasing interest in studying materials for concrete which can reduce the infiltration of water and salt solutions and rehabilitate and extend its service life. Silicon compounds are frequently used as a base for commercial protecting paint due to their hydrophobicity and penetrability. In this study, concrete was coated with composite of impregnation type consisted of two different silanes and auxiliary enetrant to resist the diffusion of water. The properties of concrete coated with impregnation coatings composed of silanes and auxiliary were researched. And the penetrating performance of the composite was also investigated. The coating of composite silane improved the property of concrete.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Wenjuan Gu AU - Banggui He AU - Jike Liu AU - Jie Li PY - 2012/11 DA - 2012/11 TI - Research on Impregnation Coatings for Protecting Concrete BT - Proceedings of the 2012 International Conference on Automobile and Traffic Science, Materials and Metallurgy Engineering PB - Atlantis Press SN - 1951-6851 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/mmat.2013.8 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/mmat.2013.8 ID - Gu2012/11 ER -