The impact of contact pressure and road surface character to sliding friction coefficient
- Hong-guo Xu, Bin Ma, Cheng Zeng, Yan Xu
- Corresponding Author
- Hong-guo Xu
Available Online November 2012.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/mmat.2013.38How to use a DOI?
- Tire, Sliding friction coefficient, Road surface character, actual contact model.
- A improved sliding friction coefficient model is presented based on road surface character and rubber character to analyze how the road character, tire and contact pressure affect the sliding friction coefficient. Improved the sliding friction coefficient model by introducing the theory of true contact with rough road and combined with the simplified rubber viscosity. Verifying the efficiency of the improved model through comparison with the dynamic friction coefficient of Savkoor. Analyzed the impact of contact pressure to the actual contact area and the contact pressure, and how tire and road surface character influence the sliding friction coefficient. The simulation result shows that the improved model can precisely analyze the impact of contact pressure,road surface character and tire to the sliding friction coefficient.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Hong-guo Xu AU - Bin Ma AU - Cheng Zeng AU - Yan Xu PY - 2012/11 DA - 2012/11 TI - The impact of contact pressure and road surface character to sliding friction coefficient BT - Proceedings of the 2012 International Conference on Automobile and Traffic Science, Materials and Metallurgy Engineering PB - Atlantis Press SN - 1951-6851 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/mmat.2013.38 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/mmat.2013.38 ID - Xu2012/11 ER -