Study on C/C Composites Ablated in Plasma jet
- De-Wen WANG, Yue-Cheng YANG, Bai-Lin ZHA, Yu HU
- Corresponding Author
- De-Wen WANG
Available Online November 2012.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/mmat.2013.42How to use a DOI?
- Carbon–carbon Composites, Ablation, plasma, Al2O3 Particle.
- In order to solve thermal protection problems under atmospheric reentry conditions, some tests on the earth have been done to study antiablative properties of C/C composites in thermal plasma jet. The flow fields and the thermodynamics parameters of thermal plasma have been researched, the parabola distribution of the plasma jet has been found. Furthermore, metals melting point method was used to survey the temperature of the plasma jet fields. Calculating the ablation ratios, spectrum analysis tested the ablation productions, scaning the ablation area, and combining the plasma characters, the ablating mechanisms of C/C composites has been found. Oxidation and nitrification are dominating factor when there is no Al2O3 particle in the flame, and the productions include CN,C2,C1,CO and little CO2.The fibres are bare, whose shape are pyramidal in the breakpoint and netlike in the bottom. Whereas mechanical erosion is dominating factor when Al2O3 particle is appended in the flame, and the productions are mostly CO and CN. The boundary is neatly, and the bottom is smoothly. What’s more, the ablation properties of C/C composites are little different from different angle flames.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - De-Wen WANG AU - Yue-Cheng YANG AU - Bai-Lin ZHA AU - Yu HU PY - 2012/11 DA - 2012/11 TI - Study on C/C Composites Ablated in Plasma jet BT - Proceedings of the 2012 International Conference on Automobile and Traffic Science, Materials and Metallurgy Engineering PB - Atlantis Press SN - 1951-6851 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/mmat.2013.42 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/mmat.2013.42 ID - WANG2012/11 ER -