The Effect Analysis of Geometry and Load Parameters on Contact Stiffness of Sprag One-way Clutch
- Zhi-Hui Liu, Hong-Zhi Yan, Yu-Ming Cao, Yu-Qing Lai
- Corresponding Author
- Zhi-Hui Liu
Available Online December 2016.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/mme-16.2017.11How to use a DOI?
- One-way clutch, Hertz contact theory, Normal contact stiffness, Sprag, Newton iterative method.
- The wedge-raceway contact mechanical model, considering centrifugal force of wedge and the eccentricity of the inner ring and the outer ring of the one-way clutch, is established based on Hertz contact theory. The normal contact stiffness of the sprag one-way clutch is calculated by Newton iterative method.The influence of the structure parameters including the eccentricity of the inner ring and the outer ring, labeled as e, the number of the sprags, labeled as Z, the difference of the radius between the inner race of the outer ring and the outer race of the inner ring, labeled as J, and the working condition of the clutch including the working torque labeled as T and the working speed labeled as n, to the contact stiffness of the clutch has been analyzed. The results show that the smaller e, the smaller J, the much more number of Z and the higher torque T will result the bigger stiffness, and the influence of the working speed labeled as n can be negligible.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Zhi-Hui Liu AU - Hong-Zhi Yan AU - Yu-Ming Cao AU - Yu-Qing Lai PY - 2016/12 DA - 2016/12 TI - The Effect Analysis of Geometry and Load Parameters on Contact Stiffness of Sprag One-way Clutch BT - 3rd Annual International Conference on Mechanics and Mechanical Engineering (MME 2016) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5401 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/mme-16.2017.11 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/mme-16.2017.11 ID - Liu2016/12 ER -