Torsional Vibration Suppression of A Gear System Installed with A Damping Ring
- Yi-Long Wang, Deng-Qing Cao, Qing-Yang Wang, Yang Yang
- Corresponding Author
- Yi-Long Wang
Available Online December 2016.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/mme-16.2017.13How to use a DOI?
- Gear transmission, Damping ring, Stribeck friction model, Harmonic balance method, Vibration characteristic.
- In this paper, the torsional vibration suppression is investigated for a gear system installed with a damping ring. The dynamic model of the gear-damping ring system is established, where the friction between the gear and the ring is described by the Stribeck model. The harmonic balance method is employed to work out the approximate analytical solution of the system. Meanwhile, a practical example is given to compare the analytical results with those from numerical simulation and to illustrate that the proposed analytical approach is valid. The amplitude-frequency characteristic of the system is then analysed and the resonant peak is found to be reduced with the increase of the friction.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Yi-Long Wang AU - Deng-Qing Cao AU - Qing-Yang Wang AU - Yang Yang PY - 2016/12 DA - 2016/12 TI - Torsional Vibration Suppression of A Gear System Installed with A Damping Ring BT - 3rd Annual International Conference on Mechanics and Mechanical Engineering (MME 2016) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5401 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/mme-16.2017.13 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/mme-16.2017.13 ID - Wang2016/12 ER -