The Simulation of One Metro Wheel Tread Temperature in Cycle Braking Condition
- Hong-Ping Zhang, Jian-Yong Zuo, Guo Hu, Fei Han, Tie-Feng Zhao
- Corresponding Author
- Hong-Ping Zhang
Available Online December 2016.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/mme-16.2017.145How to use a DOI?
- Metro train, Pure air brake, Wheel temperature rise simulation, Temperature field.
- To simulate the tread temperature rise of the working subway train in the process of its normal operation and to explore the temperature rise limit of wheel tread during operation, finite element numerical simulation was used in this paper. Based on heat transfer theory and finite element method, a three-dimensional finite element model of the subway wheel was created. According to the braking condition of main line pure air brake, thermal simulation of wheel temperature field was conducted and finally the temp-rising law of the metro wheel was achieved. The results show that the wheel tread temperature first increased rapidly and then slowly decreased until the next brake in a period of "brake, stop, accelerate and coast", with the temperature raised about 110øC in a single brake. At first, the braking heat accumulated in the wheel, with the overall temperature gradually increasing. Then, after several consecutive braking processes, the overall temperature tended to be stable. The tread temperature reached its peak at 3766.5s, with the highest temp reaching 298.9øC during the 31st braking process, not exceeding the limit of temperature rise (400øC).
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Hong-Ping Zhang AU - Jian-Yong Zuo AU - Guo Hu AU - Fei Han AU - Tie-Feng Zhao PY - 2016/12 DA - 2016/12 TI - The Simulation of One Metro Wheel Tread Temperature in Cycle Braking Condition BT - 3rd Annual International Conference on Mechanics and Mechanical Engineering (MME 2016) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5401 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/mme-16.2017.145 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/mme-16.2017.145 ID - Zhang2016/12 ER -