Innovative Capability and its Dynamics: Evidence from the Life Insurance Industry in Taiwan
- Hong-An Li, Hui-Chen Fang
- Corresponding Author
- Hong-An Li
Available Online June 2014.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/msmi-14.2014.4How to use a DOI?
- Innovative capabilities, panel TAR, Dynamic capability, Life insurance.
- Drawing on RBV, dynamic capability and innovation theory, we suggest innovative capabilities may evolve within a hierarchy. Therefore, the effect of different orders of innovative capabilities on market performance should be discussed separately. Using a novel panel TAR (Threshold Auto-Regression Model) approach, we investigate different associations between innovative capabilities and market performance. This study includes 10 years (1999-2008) of longitudinal data on Taiwan’s life insurance industry. Our results show that there is one threshold between innovative capabilities and market performance, the suggestion of innovative capabilities evolve within hierarchy is verified.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Hong-An Li AU - Hui-Chen Fang PY - 2014/06 DA - 2014/06 TI - Innovative Capability and its Dynamics: Evidence from the Life Insurance Industry in Taiwan BT - 2014 International Conference on Management Science and Management Innovation (MSMI 2014) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5428 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/msmi-14.2014.4 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/msmi-14.2014.4 ID - Li2014/06 ER -