Arabic Script based Digit Recognition Systems
- Saeeda Naz, Saad Ahmed, Riaz Ahmad, Muhammad Razza
- Corresponding Author
- Saeeda Naz
Available Online November 2015.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/racs-15.2016.11How to use a DOI?
- Digit Recognition, Arabic Script, Unicode System
- There are a lot of intensive research on character and numeral recognition for some of popular scripts such as Roman, Arabic, Persian/Farsi, Chinese and Indian. Unfortunately, there is less work on the Urdu language which is used by ¼ population of the world. In this paper we present a review on numeral recognition for Urdu, Arabic and Farsi. Most of the published paper for Urdu language since 2003 and recent publications in the Arabic and Farsi languages have been summarized in this survey paper. The Unicode system and writing glyph of digits have been analyzed in Arabic language and its derivative languages. We also added some future direction of research on numeral recognition system.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Saeeda Naz AU - Saad Ahmed AU - Riaz Ahmad AU - Muhammad Razza PY - 2015/11 DA - 2015/11 TI - Arabic Script based Digit Recognition Systems BT - International Conference on Recent Advances in Computer Systems PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-538X UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/racs-15.2016.11 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/racs-15.2016.11 ID - Naz2015/11 ER -