Assistive Technology for Disabled Persons
- Aslam Muhammad, Warda Ahmad, Maryam Tooba, Sidra Anwar
- Corresponding Author
- Aslam Muhammad
Available Online November 2015.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/racs-15.2016.12How to use a DOI?
- Assistive technology, disabled persons, user interface, disability
- Assistive technology aims to serve the disabled people, who are unable to do their daily routines with ease. Despite the emphasis on mechanics and the rapid proliferation of modern devices, little is known about the specific uses of such gadgets introduced now-a-days. Guardians of fully/partially sighted and handicapped persons remain indecisive in making selection of required tools. Thus, the purpose of this work is to help people in choosing the best suited widgets for them. We conduct a parameterized review and a systematic analysis of Windows and Linux based assistive artificial supporting agents. This study is carried out to show the currently available assistive crafts, their working, effectiveness, performance, and cost. On this basis of the review, recommendations are given to overcome their shortcomings.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Aslam Muhammad AU - Warda Ahmad AU - Maryam Tooba AU - Sidra Anwar PY - 2015/11 DA - 2015/11 TI - Assistive Technology for Disabled Persons BT - International Conference on Recent Advances in Computer Systems PB - Atlantis Press UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/racs-15.2016.12 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/racs-15.2016.12 ID - Muhammad2015/11 ER -