Student Dropout and Graduation in Colombian Economics Programs
- Maria Camila Gonzalez Gutierrez, Adriana Carolina Silva Arias, Jaime Andres Sarmiento Espinel
- Corresponding Author
- Maria Camila Gonzalez Gutierrez
Available Online August 2018.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/rais-18.2018.14How to use a DOI?
- Student dropout, graduation, higher education, economics, multinomial logit regression
- Dropout and graduation from undergraduate students were associated with the socioeconomic context, academic performance and characteristics of the educational institutions. In this paper, we did a characterization of dropout and graduation of students from programs related to economics in Colombia. We estimated a multinomial logit regression to measure marginal effects from a set of individual, familiar, institutional and context factors on dropout and graduation probabilities of Colombian economics students during the 1998 to 2015 time period.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Maria Camila Gonzalez Gutierrez AU - Adriana Carolina Silva Arias AU - Jaime Andres Sarmiento Espinel PY - 2018/08 DA - 2018/08 TI - Student Dropout and Graduation in Colombian Economics Programs BT - 10th International RAIS Conference on Social Sciences and Humanities (RAIS 2018) PB - Atlantis Press UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/rais-18.2018.14 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/rais-18.2018.14 ID - GonzalezGutierrez2018/08 ER -