Determination of the Critical Wind Speed and Stability of the Bundled Phase at Galloping Overhead Lines
- Muratkali Dzhamanbayev, Nurmakhan Tokenov
- Corresponding Author
- Muratkali Dzhamanbayev
Available Online October 2015.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/seee-15.2015.5How to use a DOI?
- overhead transmission lines; bundled phase; galloping conductors; stability criterion; critical wind speed
- This article, based on linearized equation of movement, considers an aerodynamical stability of bundled phase of overhead lines, covered with ice in wind flow. The Hurwitz criterion is used for determining critical speed of wind flow, when appears loss of stability of bundled phase. It is analyzed relationship between critical speed and lines characteristics, wire tension and attenuation ratio. In the end of this article appropriate conclusions are made.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Muratkali Dzhamanbayev AU - Nurmakhan Tokenov PY - 2015/10 DA - 2015/10 TI - Determination of the Critical Wind Speed and Stability of the Bundled Phase at Galloping Overhead Lines BT - 2015 International Conference on Sustainable Energy and Environmental Engineering PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5401 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/seee-15.2015.5 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/seee-15.2015.5 ID - Dzhamanbayev2015/10 ER -