A Fuzzy Controlled Incremental Conductance Method for Z-Source PV Inverter MPPT
- Jingwei Zhang, Honghua Wang, Chengliang Wang, Wei Han, Zhebei Wang, Rong Sun
- Corresponding Author
- Jingwei Zhang
Available Online October 2015.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/seee-15.2015.26How to use a DOI?
- MPPT; Z-source inverter; photovoltaic; fuzzy control; incremental conductance
- Based on conventional incremental conductance (Inc-Cond) method, a fuzzy controlled incremental conductance controller is proposed for Z-source PV inverter to realize its maximum power point tracking (MPPT). The principle of Z-source PV inverter is illustrated. Then an improvement of SVPWM for Z-source inverter is introduced for DC-AC conversion. The fuzzy rules and membership functions are designed to generate adaptive voltage step size of incremental conductance. Simulation and experiment results reveal that proposed fuzzy controlled Inc-Cond method can track maximum power point (MPP) much faster and achieve less fluctuation at the vicinity of MPP. Experimental results also verified proposed fuzzy algorithm is feasible to realize with DSP controllers, and the improved SVPWM combined with proposed algorithm can be easily implemented with Z-source PV inverter.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Jingwei Zhang AU - Honghua Wang AU - Chengliang Wang AU - Wei Han AU - Zhebei Wang AU - Rong Sun PY - 2015/10 DA - 2015/10 TI - A Fuzzy Controlled Incremental Conductance Method for Z-Source PV Inverter MPPT BT - 2015 International Conference on Sustainable Energy and Environmental Engineering PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5401 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/seee-15.2015.26 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/seee-15.2015.26 ID - Zhang2015/10 ER -