Research on Knowledge Modeling for Bonded Repair of Composite Aircraft Component
- Qiang He, Wenfeng Yang, Qingru Tang
- Corresponding Author
- Qiang He
Available Online October 2015.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/seee-15.2015.32How to use a DOI?
- knowledge modeling; ontology; bonded repair; composite material
- Advanced composite materials have gained popularity in aircraft industry. The widespread application leads to the requirement of high efficient and reliable maintenance technology for composite components. Bonded composite repairs are preferred as they provide enhanced stress transfer mechanisms, joint efficiencies and aerodynamic performance. Because of the inherent complex damage behavior, the bonded repairs rely on the maintenance knowledge and experience heavily. The maintenance knowledge of composite components can improve the maintenance quality and efficiency. To accumulate and apply the knowledge, bonded repair knowledge modeling method based on ontology is presented in this paper. Firstly, the knowledge in bonded repairs process was analyzed and summarized. Then, the composite repairs domain ontology framework was constructed and the classes with attributes, relationships and instances were defined. Finally, the relational database was used to realize the formal representation of the ontology. The experimental results show that the proposed method is effective.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Qiang He AU - Wenfeng Yang AU - Qingru Tang PY - 2015/10 DA - 2015/10 TI - Research on Knowledge Modeling for Bonded Repair of Composite Aircraft Component BT - 2015 International Conference on Sustainable Energy and Environmental Engineering PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5401 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/seee-15.2015.32 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/seee-15.2015.32 ID - He2015/10 ER -