Study on the Kinetics of Water Decomposition by ZrMnFe Micro Powder
- Yong Yao, Zhiyong Huang, Jiangfeng Song
- Corresponding Author
- Yong Yao
Available Online October 2015.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/seee-15.2015.36How to use a DOI?
- ZrMnFe, water decomposition, isothermal thermogravimetric method, reaction model
- Aimed to recovery tritium from tritiated water, ZrMnFe micro powder synthesized by solvent combustion and calcium reduction was selected to decompose water vapor. The kinetics of reaction between ZrMnFe micro powder and water vapor was studied by isothermal thermogravimetric method in the temperature range 673K 773K and water vapor range 2500×10-6 10000×10-6. The result shows that the effective elements in ZrMnFe are Zr and Mn with the corresponding products ZrO2 and MnO. The reaction rate increased with the rising of temperature and water concentration. The reaction process fitting with non-catalytic gas-solid reaction models shows that Jander model can accurately describe the reaction process, and the reaction is one order for water vapor with the activation energy 47KJ/mol.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Yong Yao AU - Zhiyong Huang AU - Jiangfeng Song PY - 2015/10 DA - 2015/10 TI - Study on the Kinetics of Water Decomposition by ZrMnFe Micro Powder BT - 2015 International Conference on Sustainable Energy and Environmental Engineering PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5401 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/seee-15.2015.36 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/seee-15.2015.36 ID - Yao2015/10 ER -