Proceedings of the Tarumanagara International Conference on the Applications of Social Sciences and Humanities (TICASH 2019)

Relapse Rate and Associated Factors Among Participants of Drug Detoxification-Rehabilitation Program in Indonesia: A Retrospective Study

Authors
Jubir, Hizir Sofyan, Fauziah, Bianca Marella, Marthoenis
Corresponding Author
Marthoenis
Available Online 20 May 2020.
DOI
https://doi.org/10.2991/assehr.k.200515.002How to use a DOI?
Keywords
relapse rate, rehabilitation, drug addiction
Abstract
This study aims to determine the relapse rate and associated factors among residents attending a drug rehabilitation program in Banda Aceh, Indonesia. The study subjects consisted of 49 program residents who used drugs before admission to the program, and 49 families or caregivers. The median of age was 23 years old (IQR 19 – 27). The median of age when using the drug for the first time was 18 years old (IQR 16 – 21). All the rehabilitation residents were male and Muslim. On average, the residents reported that they had used drugs for approximately 6.3 years, while their family reported an average of 3.2 years (t=4.7, p = 0.001). Out of 49 ex-users who have had attended a drug rehabilitation program, 12 persons (24.5%) declared that they have relapsed, while the remaining 37 (75.5%) were free from using the drug. This information was also confirmed by their families or caregivers. The finding of a quarter of residents who relapse following the drug rehabilitation program was relevant to the relapse rate reported in other countries. A longer follows up study is suggested to evaluate the success of such detoxification-rehabilitation program in a longer period.
Open Access
This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.

Download article (PDF)

Cite this article

TY  - CONF
AU  - Jubir
AU  - Hizir Sofyan
AU  - Fauziah
AU  - Bianca Marella
AU  - Marthoenis
PY  - 2020
DA  - 2020/05/20
TI  - Relapse Rate and Associated Factors Among Participants of Drug Detoxification-Rehabilitation Program in Indonesia: A Retrospective Study
BT  - Proceedings of the Tarumanagara International Conference on the Applications of Social Sciences and Humanities (TICASH 2019)
PB  - Atlantis Press
SP  - 6
EP  - 8
SN  - 2352-5398
UR  - https://doi.org/10.2991/assehr.k.200515.002
DO  - https://doi.org/10.2991/assehr.k.200515.002
ID  - Jubir2020
ER  -