A Study on Visual Representation of Medical Family Tree Using Genograms
- Siti Fatimah Bokhare, Wan Mohd Nazmee Wan Zainon, Abdullah Zawawi Talib
- Corresponding Author
- Siti Fatimah Bokhare
Available Online December 2013.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/visio-13.2014.1How to use a DOI?
- Genogram, Medical Family Tree, Visual Representation.
- A genogram is a graphical representation of medical conditions including informa-tion on age and cause of death of family members that can be used especially to access disease risk. The main purpose of this paper is to present the outcome of a preliminary study done regarding access-ing the current use of genogram in repre-senting medical family tree data. This article seeks to enable the reader to un-derstand the basics of what a genogram is and how it can be used to help medical practitioners visually understand family health and conditions based on informa-tion gathered for the family medical tree. Initial investigations suggest that geno-grams have huge potential, as they can help a lot people in various fields to visualize and understand patients’ family medical history and look for recurring patterns of illness and behaviour.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Siti Fatimah Bokhare AU - Wan Mohd Nazmee Wan Zainon AU - Abdullah Zawawi Talib PY - 2013/12 DA - 2013/12 TI - A Study on Visual Representation of Medical Family Tree Using Genograms BT - The 2013 International Conference on Computer Graphics,Visualization, Computer Vision, and Game Technology PB - Atlantis Press SN - 1951-6851 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/visio-13.2014.1 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/visio-13.2014.1 ID - Bokhare2013/12 ER -