Computer Game Approach Focusing on Social Communication Skills for Children with Autism Spectrum Disorder: An Initial Study
- Aisyah Abdul Manap, Sarah Reisi Dehkordi, Riaza Mohd Rias, Noor Aziezah Sardan
- Corresponding Author
- Aisyah Abdul Manap
Available Online December 2013.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/visio-13.2014.5How to use a DOI?
- Autism Spectrum Disorders, games, social skills
- Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) and autism are both general terms for a group of complex disorders of brain development. ASD is characterized by difficulties with communication, social deficits, stereotyped or repetitive behaviours and interests. One of the major reasons behind the push to use technology and multimedia to assist interaction with children diagnosed with ASD is that they have shown a preference for, as well as a fascination with, “visual stimuli” such as computer applications, games, and videos. Primordial purpose of this study is to synthesize a survey regarding social problems and situations faced by children with autism. A number of questionnaires for parents and teachers with a semi-structured interview for five doctors and eleven therapists were conducted to identify basic problems of children with Autism and psychological methods for each problem
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Aisyah Abdul Manap AU - Sarah Reisi Dehkordi AU - Riaza Mohd Rias AU - Noor Aziezah Sardan PY - 2013/12 DA - 2013/12 TI - Computer Game Approach Focusing on Social Communication Skills for Children with Autism Spectrum Disorder: An Initial Study BT - The 2013 International Conference on Computer Graphics,Visualization, Computer Vision, and Game Technology PB - Atlantis Press SN - 1951-6851 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/visio-13.2014.5 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/visio-13.2014.5 ID - Manap2013/12 ER -