e-learning Paradigm for Teaching Enhancement
- Devendra Bhavzar, Mrunalini Badnakhe
- Corresponding Author
- Devendra Bhavzar
Available Online December 2013.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/visio-13.2014.4How to use a DOI?
- E-learning, Regional language, Text, Speech
- E-learning is the interaction between a learner who strives to acquire knowledge or skills by instruction, or study with a remote knowledge source, one that is physically separated from the learner. E-learning referring to learning via the internet has become a major phenomenon in recent years. But many of the Students does not getting the full advantage of E-learning because of the language problem. We tried to overcome this problem by providing the subtitles thus enhancing the E-learning. In today's pluralistic and highly mobile society, successful spoken-language application is very useful and effective. The need of this kind of application is being felt for regional Language. As Hindi is spoken in major part of India, it is very useful for the rural areas where literacy rate is low as well as in the urban area where one does not have enough time because of faster life. Therefore we have designed a speech to text converter for Hindi which takes input from wave file as well as from microphone. This system includes training component and synthesizer which converts speech signal to meaningful text. This paper provides the brief description of E-learning, Education culture in India, Importance of Regional Languages in E-learning, Benefits of E-learning in India, methodology for regional language support in E-learning.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Devendra Bhavzar AU - Mrunalini Badnakhe PY - 2013/12 DA - 2013/12 TI - e-learning Paradigm for Teaching Enhancement BT - The 2013 International Conference on Computer Graphics,Visualization, Computer Vision, and Game Technology PB - Atlantis Press SN - 1951-6851 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/visio-13.2014.4 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/visio-13.2014.4 ID - Bhavzar2013/12 ER -