Volume 1, Issue 3, August 2008, Pages 248 - 261
Using Parametric Functions to Solve Systems of Linear Fuzzy Equations with a Symmetric Matrix
- Annelies Vroman, Glad Deschrijver, Etienne E. Kerre
- Corresponding Author
- Annelies Vroman
Available Online 25 August 2008.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/ijcis.2008.1.3.6How to use a DOI?
- fuzzy number, system of linear fuzzy equations, symmetric matrix, parametric function
- A method to solve linear fuzzy equations with a symmetric matrix is proposed. Ignoring the symmetry leads to an overestimation of the solution. Our method to find the solution of a system of linear fuzzy equations takes the symmetry of the matrix into account and is based on parametric functions. It is a practical algorithm using parametric functions in which the variables are given by elements of the support of the fuzzy coefficients of the system.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - JOUR AU - Annelies Vroman AU - Glad Deschrijver AU - Etienne E. Kerre PY - 2008 DA - 2008/08 TI - Using Parametric Functions to Solve Systems of Linear Fuzzy Equations with a Symmetric Matrix JO - International Journal of Computational Intelligence Systems SP - 248 EP - 261 VL - 1 IS - 3 SN - 1875-6883 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/ijcis.2008.1.3.6 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/ijcis.2008.1.3.6 ID - Vroman2008 ER -