Volume 2, Issue 3, December 2009, Pages 219 - 235
An Alternative Ranking Approach and Its Usage in Multi-Criteria Decision-Making
- Cengiz Kahraman, A. Cagri Tolga
- Corresponding Author
- Cengiz Kahraman
Available Online 1 December 2009.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/ijcis.2009.2.3.4How to use a DOI?
- Fuzzy numbers, ranking, decision-making, TOPSIS, scoring, AHP.
- In the process of fuzzy decision-making, ranking of fuzzy numbers is a necessity. The types of fuzzy numbers are triangular, trapezoidal, and L-R type. In the literature, there are many methods developed for ranking fuzzy numbers. These methods may produce different ranking results. Many of these methods necessitate graphical representations, complex and tedious calculations. The method developed in this paper has some advantages with respect to the other methods in both graphical representations and calculations. Applicability of the proposed method to multi-criteria decision-making methods, i.e. fuzzy scoring, fuzzy AHP and fuzzy TOPSIS methods, is shown in the paper.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - JOUR AU - Cengiz Kahraman AU - A. Cagri Tolga PY - 2009 DA - 2009/12 TI - An Alternative Ranking Approach and Its Usage in Multi-Criteria Decision-Making JO - International Journal of Computational Intelligence Systems SP - 219 EP - 235 VL - 2 IS - 3 SN - 1875-6883 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/ijcis.2009.2.3.4 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/ijcis.2009.2.3.4 ID - Kahraman2009 ER -