Volume 6, Issue 3, May 2013, Pages 423 - 441
Group Evidential Reasoning Approach for MADA under Fuzziness and Uncertainties
- Mi Zhou, Xin-Bao Liu, Jian-Bo Yang, Chang Fang
- Corresponding Author
- Mi Zhou
Available Online 9 January 2017.
- https://doi.org/10.1080/18756891.2013.780732How to use a DOI?
- Evidential reasoning, Fuzzy weight, Interval utility, Î±-cut, Multiple attribute decision analysis
- Multiple attribute decision analysis (MADA) problems often include both qualitative and quantitative attributes which may be either precise or inaccurate. The evidential reasoning (ER) approach is one of reliable and rational methods for dealing with MADA problems and can generate aggregated assessments from a variety of attributes. In many real world decision situations, accurate assessments are difficult to provide such as in group decision situations. Extensive research in dealing with imprecise or uncertain belief structures has been conducted on the basis of the ER approach, such as interval belief degrees, interval weights and interval uncertainty. In this paper, the weights of attributes and utilities of evaluation grades are considered to be fuzzy numbers for the ER approach. Fuzzy analytic hierarchy process (FAHP) is used for generating triangular fuzzy weights for attributes from a triangular fuzzy judgment matrix provided by an expert. The weighted arithmetic mean method is proposed to aggregate the triangular fuzzy weights of attributes from a group of experts. -cut is then used to transform the combined triangular fuzzy weights to interval weights for the purpose of dealing with the fuzzy type of weight and utility in a consistent way. Several pairs of group evidential reasoning based nonlinear programming models are then designed to calculate the global fuzzy belief degrees and the overall expected interval utilities of each alternative with interval weights and interval utilities as constraints. A case study is conducted to show the validity and effectiveness of the proposed approach and sensitivity analysis is also conducted on interval weights generated by different -cuts.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - JOUR AU - Mi Zhou AU - Xin-Bao Liu AU - Jian-Bo Yang AU - Chang Fang PY - 2017 DA - 2017/01 TI - Group Evidential Reasoning Approach for MADA under Fuzziness and Uncertainties JO - International Journal of Computational Intelligence Systems SP - 423 EP - 441 VL - 6 IS - 3 SN - 1875-6883 UR - https://doi.org/10.1080/18756891.2013.780732 DO - https://doi.org/10.1080/18756891.2013.780732 ID - Zhou2017 ER -