Volume 7, Issue sup2, July 2014, Pages 66 - 73
A virtual metrology approach for maintenance compensation to improve yield in semiconductor manufacturing
- Kuo-Yi Lin, Chia-Yu Hsu, Hui-Chun Yu
- Corresponding Author
- Kuo-Yi Lin
Available Online July 2014.
- https://doi.org/10.1080/18756891.2014.947116How to use a DOI?
- virtual metrology, manufacturing intelligence, maintenance, yield enhancement, chemical vapor deposition (CVD), semiconductor manufacturing enhancement
- Process condition was changed by preventative maintenance that may lead to the inconsistency of process output. In practice, process engineers have difficulties to discover the inconsistency that the defect wafer may have been produced before the next measurement. This study proposes a virtual metrology (VM) approach for maintenance compensation in semiconductor manufacturing. The tool process parameter streams were collected to predict the product metrology value, and a relation model was built to adjust the equipment settings for product recipe compensation. An empirical study in maintenance compensation of chemical vapor deposition (CVD) was conducted in a Taiwan semiconductor company for validation. The thickness difference caused by maintenance was reduced from 571Å to 77Å in training data and 564Å to 210Å in testing data. The results showed practical viability of the proposed approach and an intelligent system embedded with the developed algorithm has been implemented.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - JOUR AU - Kuo-Yi Lin AU - Chia-Yu Hsu AU - Hui-Chun Yu PY - 2014/07 DA - 2014/07 TI - A virtual metrology approach for maintenance compensation to improve yield in semiconductor manufacturing JO - International Journal of Computational Intelligence Systems SP - 66 EP - 73 VL - 7 IS - sup2 SN - 1875-6883 UR - https://doi.org/10.1080/18756891.2014.947116 DO - https://doi.org/10.1080/18756891.2014.947116 ID - Lin2014/07 ER -