Volume 2, Issue 3, August 2014, Pages 135 - 147
Test Image Generation using Segmental Symbolic Evaluation
- Tahir Jameel, Mengxiang Lin
- Corresponding Author
- Tahir Jameel
Available Online 1 August 2014.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/ijndc.2014.2.3.3How to use a DOI?
- symbolic execution, image generation, testing, input generation, unit testing, synthetic images
- Image processing applications have played a vital role in modern life and they are required to be well tested due to their significance and human dependence on them. Testing of image processing application is difficult due to complex nature of images in terms of their generation and evaluation. The presented technique is first of its type to generate test images based on symbolic evaluation of program under test. The idea is based on the fact that, neighboring image operations are applied by selecting a segment of image pixels called a window, and iterated by sliding window over entire image. We imitate neighboring operations using symbolic values for the pixels rather than concrete values. The path constraint is extracted for each path in the program under test and solved for concrete solutions. Test images are generated based on solution of path constraints of each identified path. We have tested the proposed scheme on different programs and the results show that test images are successfully generated for each path to ensure the path coverage of the program under test and identifying infeasible paths.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - JOUR AU - Tahir Jameel AU - Mengxiang Lin PY - 2014 DA - 2014/08 TI - Test Image Generation using Segmental Symbolic Evaluation JO - International Journal of Networked and Distributed Computing SP - 135 EP - 147 VL - 2 IS - 3 SN - 2211-7946 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/ijndc.2014.2.3.3 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/ijndc.2014.2.3.3 ID - Jameel2014 ER -