Volume 1, Issue 1, January 2013, Pages 37 - 45
Explicit Rate Control for MANET
- Nazia Zaman, Morshed Chowdhury
- Corresponding Author
- Nazia Zaman
Available Online 1 January 2013.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/ijndc.2013.1.1.5How to use a DOI?
- ad-hoc networks, multimedia streaming, congestion, wireless.
- Streaming applications over Mobile Ad-hoc Networks (MANET) require a smooth transmission rate. The Internet is unable to provide this service during traffic congestion in the network. Designing congestion control for these applications is challenging, because the standard TCP congestion control mechanism is not able to handle the special properties of a shared wireless multi hop channel well. In particular, the frequent changes to the network topology and the shared nature of the wireless channel pose major challenges. In this paper, we propose a novel approach, which allows a quick increase of throughput by using explicit feedback from routers.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - JOUR AU - Nazia Zaman AU - Morshed Chowdhury PY - 2013 DA - 2013/01 TI - Explicit Rate Control for MANET JO - International Journal of Networked and Distributed Computing SP - 37 EP - 45 VL - 1 IS - 1 SN - 2211-7946 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/ijndc.2013.1.1.5 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/ijndc.2013.1.1.5 ID - Zaman2013 ER -