Volume 1, Issue 1, January 2013, Pages 53 - 60
The Smart Energy Management of Multithreaded Java Applications on Multi-Core Processors
- Kuo-Yi Chen, Fuh-Gwo Chen
- Corresponding Author
- Kuo-Yi Chen
Available Online 1 January 2013.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/ijndc.2013.1.1.7How to use a DOI?
- Power-saving, Java, Synchronization, Multi-core processors, Multi-threaded applications, JVM
- Multi-core processors are becoming widely deployed. However, more cores consume more power. A power saving technique for multi-core systems based on the observation of critical sections is proposed. Since only one thread works in a critical section, other threads on other cores that access the same resource would be busy waiting. The proposed power-saving technique leads to the energy savings (11 to 15 percent) and the lowest values of Energy Delay Product as compared with the other power-saving techniques.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - JOUR AU - Kuo-Yi Chen AU - Fuh-Gwo Chen PY - 2013 DA - 2013/01 TI - The Smart Energy Management of Multithreaded Java Applications on Multi-Core Processors JO - International Journal of Networked and Distributed Computing SP - 53 EP - 60 VL - 1 IS - 1 SN - 2211-7946 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/ijndc.2013.1.1.7 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/ijndc.2013.1.1.7 ID - Chen2013 ER -