Toward Smart Tomato Greenhouse: The Fourth Tomato Harvesting Robot Competition
- Takayuki Matsuo1, *, Takashi Sonoda2, Yasunori Takemura2, Masanori Sato3, Kazuo Ishii41Department of Creative Engineering, National Institute of Technology, Kitakyushu College, 2-20-1 Shii, Kokuraminami, Kitakyushu, Fukuoka 802-0985, Japan2Department of Integrated System Engineering, Nishinippon Institute of Technology, 1-11 Aratsu, Kanda, Miyako, Fukuoka 800-0394, Japan3Department of Applied Information Technology, Nagasaki Institute of Applied Science, 536 Aba, Nagasaki, Nagasaki 851-0193, Japan4Graduate School of Life Science and System Engineering, Kyushu Institute of Technology, 2-4 Hibikino, Wakamatsu, Kitakyushu, Fukuoka 808-0196, Japan*Corresponding author. Email: email@example.com
- Corresponding Author
- Takayuki Matsuo
- https://doi.org/10.2991/jrnal.k.190829.002How to use a DOI?
- smart greenhouse, agriculture robot, tomato harvesting robot
Agriculture, one of the most important industries for human life, is faced with serious problems, the shortage of workers, the falling birthrate and the aging population, global warming and natural disasters, etc. Tomato is one of the most important fruit vegetables, and most tomatoes in Japan are cultivated in the greenhouses, or large scale farms as the solution for effective production toward smart greenhouses, whereas the high temperature and high humidity, construction and management costs are big problems and technologies such as environmental control system, factory automation technology, AI, robotics are required. We had held Tomato Harvesting Robot competition from 2014 toward realization of smart tomato greenhouse aiming at promote the automated tomato harvesting to reduce the working time of harvesting. In this paper, we report on the tomato harvesting robot competition and the results mainly from the fourth competition.
- © 2019 The Authors. Published by Atlantis Press SARL.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC 4.0 license (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/4.0/).
Cite this article
TY - JOUR AU - Takayuki Matsuo AU - Takashi Sonoda AU - Yasunori Takemura AU - Masanori Sato AU - Kazuo Ishii PY - 2019 DA - 2019/09 TI - Toward Smart Tomato Greenhouse: The Fourth Tomato Harvesting Robot Competition JO - Journal of Robotics, Networking and Artificial Life SP - 138 EP - 142 VL - 6 IS - 2 SN - 2352-6386 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/jrnal.k.190829.002 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/jrnal.k.190829.002 ID - Matsuo2019 ER -