Selective synchronization of coupled bifurcating neurons for phase shift of background oscillation
- Akihiro Yamaguchiaki@fit.ac.jp, Yutaka YamagutiDepartment of Information and Systems Engineering, Fukuoka Institute of Technology, 3-30-1 Wajiro-higashi, Higashi-ku, Fukuoka, 811-0295, JapanMasao KuboDepartment of Computer Science, National Defense Academy of Japan, 1-10-20 Hashirimizu, Yokosuka, Kanagawa, 239-8686, Japan
- https://doi.org/10.2991/jrnal.2018.5.2.1How to use a DOI?
- chaotic synchronization, neural coding, bifurcating neuron, binding information
Synchronization in coupled bifurcating neurons was studied from the view point of the selective formation of cell assembly. The bifurcating neuron is a simple chaotic neuron that exhibits chaotic inter-spike interval dynamics via the addition of sinusoidal background oscillation. In this research, we introduced the phase shift of the background oscillation and several types of phase response to the input spike sequence. Sixteen coupled bifurcating neurons with complete bidirectional coupling were numerically simulated and their synchronized behaviors were analyzed. As a result, the formation of chaotically synchronized cell assemblies for the phase shift value were observed.
- Copyright © 2018, the Authors. Published by Atlantis Press.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article under the CC BY-NC license (http://creativecommons.org/licences/by-nc/4.0/).
Cite this article
TY - JOUR AU - Akihiro Yamaguchi AU - Yutaka Yamaguti AU - Masao Kubo PY - 2018 DA - 2018/09 TI - Selective synchronization of coupled bifurcating neurons for phase shift of background oscillation JO - Journal of Robotics, Networking and Artificial Life SP - 79 EP - 82 VL - 5 IS - 2 SN - 2352-6386 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/jrnal.2018.5.2.1 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/jrnal.2018.5.2.1 ID - Yamaguchi2018 ER -