Volume 13, Issue 2, March 2014, Pages 111 - 121
Testing Exponentiality Against UBAC Using Kernel Methods
- M.M. Mohie El-Din, S.E. Abu-Youssef, M.KH. Hassan
- Corresponding Author
- M.KH. Hassan
Available Online 31 March 2014.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/jsta.2014.13.2.2How to use a DOI?
- UBAC Classes of Life Distributions; Kernel Method; Survival function; Right censored data; Kaplan-Meier estimator
- In this paper, the problem of testing exponentiality against used better than aged in convex ordering classes of life distributions is investigated. For this property a nonparametric test is presented based on kernel method. The test is presented for complete and right censored data. Furthermore, Pitman's asymptotic relative efficiency (PARE) is discussed to assess the performance of the test with respect to other tests. Selected critical values are tabulated. Some numerical simulations on the power estimates are presented for proposed test. Finally, examples in medical sciences are used as practical applications for the proposed test.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - JOUR AU - M.M. Mohie El-Din AU - S.E. Abu-Youssef AU - M.KH. Hassan PY - 2014 DA - 2014/03 TI - Testing Exponentiality Against UBAC Using Kernel Methods JO - Journal of Statistical Theory and Applications SP - 111 EP - 121 VL - 13 IS - 2 SN - 2214-1766 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/jsta.2014.13.2.2 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/jsta.2014.13.2.2 ID - MohieEl-Din2014 ER -