Estimating Quantiles of Two Exponential Populations with a Common Location Parameter Using Censored Samples
- Adarsha Kumar Jenajadarsha@gmail.comDepartment of Mathematics, National Institute of Technology Rourkela, Rourkela, Odisha-769008, IndiaManas Ranjan Tripathy*, email@example.comDepartment of Mathematics, National Institute of Technology Rourkela, Rourkela, Odisha-769008, India*Corresponding Author
- Corresponding Author
- Manas Ranjan Tripathymanas@nitrkl.ac.in
- https://doi.org/10.2991/jsta.2018.17.1.10How to use a DOI?
- Brewster-Zidek technique, Equivariant estimators, Inadmissibility, Quadratic loss function, Quantile estimation, Relative risk performances, Type-II censoring
Estimation of quantiles of two exponential populations is considered assuming equality of location parameters using censored samples from a decision theoretic point of view. Sufficient conditions for inadmissibility of estimators in certain classes have been derived. Consequently some complete class results as well as estimators dominating the MLE and the UMVUE are obtained. Finally all the proposed estimators have been numerically compared and recommended for use.
- Copyright © 2018, the Authors. Published by Atlantis Press.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article under the CC BY-NC license (http://creativecommons.org/licences/by-nc/4.0/).
Cite this article
TY - JOUR AU - Adarsha Kumar Jena AU - Manas Ranjan Tripathy PY - 2018 DA - 2018/03 TI - Estimating Quantiles of Two Exponential Populations with a Common Location Parameter Using Censored Samples JO - Journal of Statistical Theory and Applications SP - 136 EP - 145 VL - 17 IS - 1 SN - 2214-1766 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/jsta.2018.17.1.10 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/jsta.2018.17.1.10 ID - Jena2018 ER -