Bayesian Inference Based on Multiply Type-II Censored Sample from a General Class of Distributions
- A.R. Shafaya_shafay2013@yahoo.comNature Science Department, Community College of Riyadh, King Saud University, P.O. Box 28095, Riyadh 11437, Saudi Arabia, Department of Mathematics, Faculty of Science, Fayoum University, Fayoum, EgyptM.M. Mohie El-Dinmmmmoheeldin@yahoo.comDepartment of Mathematics, Faculty of Science, Al-Azhar University, EgyptY. Abdel-Atyyahia1970@yahoo.comDepartment of Mathematics, Faculty of Science, Al-Azhar University, Egypt
- https://doi.org/10.2991/jsta.2018.17.1.11How to use a DOI?
- Order statistics, Multiply Type-II censored sample, Bayesian prediction, Bayesian estimation, The inverse Weibull distribution, The inverse exponential distribution, The inverse Rayleigh distribution
In this paper, we consider a general form for the underlying distribution and a general conjugate prior, and develop a general procedure for Bayesian estimation based on an observed multiply Type-II censored sample. The problem of predicting the order statistics from a future sample are also discussed from a Bayesian view-point. For the illustration of the developed results, the inverse Weibull distribution is used as example. Finally, two numerical examples are presented for illustrating all the inferential procedures developed here.
- Copyright © 2018, the Authors. Published by Atlantis Press.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article under the CC BY-NC license (http://creativecommons.org/licences/by-nc/4.0/).
Cite this article
TY - JOUR AU - A.R. Shafay AU - M.M. Mohie El-Din AU - Y. Abdel-Aty PY - 2018 DA - 2018/03 TI - Bayesian Inference Based on Multiply Type-II Censored Sample from a General Class of Distributions JO - Journal of Statistical Theory and Applications SP - 146 EP - 157 VL - 17 IS - 1 SN - 2214-1766 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/jsta.2018.17.1.11 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/jsta.2018.17.1.11 ID - Shafay2018 ER -