The Role of Social Support on Work Satisfaction Among Educated Employees
- 10.2991/adics-elssh-19.2019.24How to use a DOI?
- social support, work satisfaction, educated employees
The purpose of this research is to empirically examine the relationship between social support and job satisfaction in educated employees. Educated employees are those who possess degree diploma or bachelor degree. The populations in this study were all educated employees at University X. The samples in this study were 100 educated employees at the University of X. The sampling technique was randomized with a simple random sampling technique. The criteria as a population in this study are those permanent employees and have worked for at least one year. The data collection tool uses the scale of job satisfaction and social support scale. Data analysis used is product moment correlation techniques from Pearson. The results of this study indicated that there was a significant positive relationship between social support and job satisfaction with r = 0.376, sig = 0.017 (p <0.05). The higher the social support obtained, the higher the level of job satisfaction of the educational staff can be. The amount of social support contribution to job satisfaction was 14.2%, the remaining 85.8% is influenced by other variables not examined in this study.
- © 2019, the Authors. Published by Atlantis Press.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/4.0/).
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Fatwa Tentama AU - Netty Merdiaty AU - Surahma Mulasari AU - Sari Qodrati PY - 2019/11 DA - 2019/11 TI - The Role of Social Support on Work Satisfaction Among Educated Employees BT - Proceedings of the 2019 Ahmad Dahlan International Conference Series on Education & Learning, Social Science & Humanities (ADICS-ELSSH 2019) PB - Atlantis Press SP - 73 EP - 76 SN - 2352-5398 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/adics-elssh-19.2019.24 DO - 10.2991/adics-elssh-19.2019.24 ID - Tentama2019/11 ER -