Automatic segmentation of spinal cord injury using coarse-to-fine strategy
- Jiali Cui, Yubo Ma, Wei Xie, Yiding Wang, Ruiming Jia
- Corresponding Author
- Jiali Cui
Available Online November 2016.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/aest-16.2016.16How to use a DOI?
- medical image segmentation; automatic segmentation; spinal cord injury; coarse-to-fine strategy.
- Medical image segmentation is a key issue in the field of medical image processing and analysis. Segmentation of spinal cord injury draws interests of researchers recently. To eliminate human computer interaction in segmentation of spinal cord injury, an automatic segmentation of spinal cord injury is proposed. A self-adaptive non-edge information smoothing algorithm was presented to realize filtering processing of spinal cord injury (SCI) images. The first time to use Deformable Parts Model (DPM) algorithm on the positioning detection of spine in an SCI image. A large number of non-scar information noises were removed and the detection range of scars was further reduced. Based on Coarse-to-fine strategy, a fully-automated spinal cord scar injury segmentation algorithm is put forward. The experimental results demonstrated the effectiveness of this algorithm.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Jiali Cui AU - Yubo Ma AU - Wei Xie AU - Yiding Wang AU - Ruiming Jia PY - 2016/11 DA - 2016/11 TI - Automatic segmentation of spinal cord injury using coarse-to-fine strategy BT - 2016 International Conference on Advanced Electronic Science and Technology (AEST 2016) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 1951-6851 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/aest-16.2016.16 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/aest-16.2016.16 ID - Cui2016/11 ER -