A position control method for vertical rotor orientation system
- Sijia Liu, Yu Fan, Jun Di, Mingming Ji
- Corresponding Author
- Sijia Liu
Available Online November 2016.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/aest-16.2016.82How to use a DOI?
- magnetic bearing; gyroscope effect; uncertainty; nonlinear; position control.
- Vertical rotating devices may cause large amplitude vibration or even lose stability during low-speed operation. This paper discusses the control approaches of a low-speed vertical rotor orientation system based on the electromagnetic levitation. In the paper, according to the gyro mechanics principle, the nonlinear dynamic equations of the vertical rotor system are established and the kinetic characteristics of the system in the gravitational field are analyzed. Considering the uncertainties of the system, a position control strategy used for the vertical rotor orientation system is presented based on the gyroscope effect. Finally, the simulation of the control system and experiment system are carried out and set up to verify the feasibility and effectiveness of the control method. Results show that the presented control approach is able to achieve a stable positioning control for the spinning rotor.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Sijia Liu AU - Yu Fan AU - Jun Di AU - Mingming Ji PY - 2016/11 DA - 2016/11 TI - A position control method for vertical rotor orientation system BT - 2016 International Conference on Advanced Electronic Science and Technology (AEST 2016) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 1951-6851 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/aest-16.2016.82 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/aest-16.2016.82 ID - Liu2016/11 ER -