The research of dynamic stability control system for passenger cars using CarSim and Matlab-Simulink
- Ying Yang, Bulus Titus Dogara, Meng He
- Corresponding Author
- Ying Yang
Available Online November 2016.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/aest-16.2016.94How to use a DOI?
- ESC; stability control; rollover prevention; vehicle dynamics.
- Electronic stability control (ESC) systems are well understood with regard to assisting drivers to maintain vehicle control during extreme handling maneuvers or when extreme road conditions are encountered. This paper discusses the development of a vehicle dynamics model and model validation of a certain vehicle in Matlab-Simulink and Carsim. The vehicle dynamics model created in Carsim was validated by comparing simulation results with quasi-static and dynamic test data. The Sine with Dwell maneuver was used to validate the complete vehicle model. The ESC system in this paper was designed to operate in two modes: Yaw Stability Control (YSC) and Roll Stability Control (RSC). The performance of the system was evaluated using dynamic maneuvers like the Sine with Dwell and Fishhook maneuvers. This test was used to evaluate the performance of the Yaw Stability Control mode of the ESC system. This paper describes a model-based design approach for the development of a functional ESC system model. The software used is Carsim and Matlab Simulink.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Ying Yang AU - Bulus Titus Dogara AU - Meng He PY - 2016/11 DA - 2016/11 TI - The research of dynamic stability control system for passenger cars using CarSim and Matlab-Simulink BT - 2016 International Conference on Advanced Electronic Science and Technology (AEST 2016) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 1951-6851 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/aest-16.2016.94 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/aest-16.2016.94 ID - Yang2016/11 ER -