Development of >10kv 4H-SiC SBD junction extension termination
- Runhua Huang, Yonghong Tao, Ling Wang, Gang Chen, Song Bai, Rui Li, Yun Li, Zhifei Zhao
- Corresponding Author
- Runhua Huang
Available Online November 2016.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/aest-16.2016.111How to use a DOI?
- 4H-SiC; power device; termination; JTE.
- 10kV 4H-SiC JBS diodes with various junction extension terminations have been experimentally realized. The protection efficiencies of single JTE and modulation JTE terminations were investigated by means of numerical simulations. The JTE dose window to achieve the high protection efficiency has been enlarged, which indicates the robustness to the deviation of effective JTE dose and SiO2/SiC interface charge. The samples with the single JTE, two-zone JTE, three-zone JTE and improved three-zone JTE terminations were fabricated. With the modulation JTE, the typical breakdown voltage of 13.5 kV corresponding to protection efficiency of 95% has been achieved, and the various JTE terminations were compared and discussed.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Runhua Huang AU - Yonghong Tao AU - Ling Wang AU - Gang Chen AU - Song Bai AU - Rui Li AU - Yun Li AU - Zhifei Zhao PY - 2016/11 DA - 2016/11 TI - Development of >10kv 4H-SiC SBD junction extension termination BT - 2016 International Conference on Advanced Electronic Science and Technology (AEST 2016) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 1951-6851 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/aest-16.2016.111 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/aest-16.2016.111 ID - Huang2016/11 ER -