Modelling and control of Madeira Wine aging process using directive inverse control
- Carlos Faris, Dario Baptista, José Carlos Marquez, Fernando Morgado Dias
- Corresponding Author
- Carlos Faris
Available Online November 2016.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/aest-16.2016.141How to use a DOI?
- wine aging process, controller, automatic control, regression models, direct inverse control.
- Madeira Wine aging processes are slow and costly due to the value invested, the storage space and the temperature control. The aging process can be speed up if the wine is kept under certain conditions with a higher temperature. To get a high quality wine, an important step is the temperature control inside the tanks to get a high quality wine. Nowadays, it is mostly done in a manual way. To improve the process, this work describes an automatic temperature control method developed and implement, with low cost, inside the tanks of a pilot scale tank. It was verified that a Direct Inverse Control is the solution that shows the best performance.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Carlos Faris AU - Dario Baptista AU - José Carlos Marquez AU - Fernando Morgado Dias PY - 2016/11 DA - 2016/11 TI - Modelling and control of Madeira Wine aging process using directive inverse control BT - 2016 International Conference on Advanced Electronic Science and Technology (AEST 2016) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 1951-6851 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/aest-16.2016.141 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/aest-16.2016.141 ID - Faris2016/11 ER -