A Novel Flow Control Valve for POCT Chip based on Micro Rectangular Groove Array
- Yang Xie, Zhiyuan Gao, Weiqing Cheng, Ming Li, Wei Han, Hui You
- Corresponding Author
- Yang Xie
Available Online May 2018.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/amcce-18.2018.61How to use a DOI?
- Flow Control Valve, POCT Chip, Micro Rectangular Groove Array
- A novel flow control valve for point-of-care testing (POCT) chip, a micro rectangular groove array structure with capillary force as driving force, was proposed in this paper for the purposes of flowing controllable, spontaneous filling, low cost, and biological compatibility. The chip comprises two PMMA-based plates made of hot-embossing. The base plate and cover plate are connected by hot-bonding after ultrasonic cleaning and plasma treatment. An experiment has been carried out with deionized water to verify the control performance of fluid flow time in POCT chip by this method. The result convincingly indicates that this novel flow control valve could realize the function of controlling fluid flow, which meets the required time need for biochemical reactions. Compared with the controlling time of other previous methods in the POCT chip, the design in this study could make it to approximately 193~205 seconds. Therefore, this work has a great potential and broad prospects of the application in POCT chip, such as the portable devices in the medical testing field.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Yang Xie AU - Zhiyuan Gao AU - Weiqing Cheng AU - Ming Li AU - Wei Han AU - Hui You PY - 2018/05 DA - 2018/05 TI - A Novel Flow Control Valve for POCT Chip based on Micro Rectangular Groove Array BT - 2018 3rd International Conference on Automation, Mechanical Control and Computational Engineering (AMCCE 2018) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5401 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/amcce-18.2018.61 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/amcce-18.2018.61 ID - Xie2018/05 ER -