Helicopter Flight Dynamics Modeling and Visual Simulation
- Yuan Su, Yuanyuan Huang, Shuai Nie, Jinling Wang, Yihua Cao, Huanyue Wang
- Corresponding Author
- Yuan Su
Available Online May 2018.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/amcce-18.2018.66How to use a DOI?
- Aerodynamic model; Discretization scheme; Flight dynamics modeling; Trim data; Visual simulation.
- The flight dynamics modeling for helicopter is playing an important role in helicopter design and flight performance analysis. This paper presents aerodynamic models for helicopter components, and the process of constructing aerodynamic model for main rotor is described in detail. When establishing the aerodynamic model for main rotor, a methodology of discretizatin scheme of rotor disk is introduced. Combined all aerodynamic models of helicopter components, taking the gravity and attitude angles into account, the dynamic equilibrium equations of helicopter is firstly derived. Then a comparison in trim calculation was conducted among the SIKOROSKY GEN HEL, the AEFA test and the data from the model established in this paper. The results tending to be consistent validate the accuracy of the model exhibited in this paper. At last, by observing the variation of flight attitudes of helicopter so as to find possible problems in flight process, the visual simulation of helicopter flight process is realized.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Yuan Su AU - Yuanyuan Huang AU - Shuai Nie AU - Jinling Wang AU - Yihua Cao AU - Huanyue Wang PY - 2018/05 DA - 2018/05 TI - Helicopter Flight Dynamics Modeling and Visual Simulation BT - 2018 3rd International Conference on Automation, Mechanical Control and Computational Engineering (AMCCE 2018) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5401 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/amcce-18.2018.66 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/amcce-18.2018.66 ID - Su2018/05 ER -