Reuses of the Ionic Polymer metal composites (IPMCs) with various thicknesses
- Shufeng Li, Yip Joanne, Gaohua Liu, Bowen Cheng
- Corresponding Author
- Shufeng Li
Available Online June 2017.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/ammee-17.2017.11How to use a DOI?
- IPMC, thickness, tip force, displacement.
- The IPMCs with various thicknesses were manufactured by a hot-pressed method and their actuations in terms of tip force and displacement when being reused with different treatments were investigated. Three selected treatments are no treatment, treatment in deionized water or 2M NaCl solution. To achieve the great tip force and displacement when the IPMCs were reused, no treatment is a better way for the thin 1-film, and treatment in NaCl solution for the 2- and 4-films. For the thick 6-film, treatment in 2 M NaCl is appropriate to achieve the great tip force and treatment in deionized water to achieve the great displacement.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Shufeng Li AU - Yip Joanne AU - Gaohua Liu AU - Bowen Cheng PY - 2017/06 DA - 2017/06 TI - Reuses of the Ionic Polymer metal composites (IPMCs) with various thicknesses BT - Advances in Materials, Machinery, Electrical Engineering (AMMEE 2017) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5401 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/ammee-17.2017.11 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/ammee-17.2017.11 ID - Li2017/06 ER -